<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 20 Oct 2017, 16:05

Flashmeter/smartphone Android problem SOLVED

Problem now solved - see my last post
Problème maintenant résolu - voir mon dernier message

I have built the flashmeter for smart phone and have it working properly with my desktop PC however it does not work with any of my Android devices (old or new). The devices correctly pair with the flashmeter but on my Android devices the app does not "find" the flashmeter. Can you help?

J'ai construit le flashmètre pour téléphone intelligent et le faire fonctionner correctement avec mon PC de bureau, mais il ne fonctionne pas avec tous mes appareils Android (anciens ou nouveaux). Les appareils sont correctement couplés avec le flashmètre, mais sur mes appareils Android, l'application ne «trouve» pas le flashmètre. Pouvez-vous aider?

Mike
Dernière édition par MikNIk le 01 Nov 2017, 09:09, édité 1 fois au total.
<<

ThierryD

Administrateur
Administrateur

Message 20 Oct 2017, 17:43

Re: Flashmeter/smartphone Android problem

hello,
what is the version of android you use ?
Put "on" the flashmeter before launch the app for tests.

regards,
ThierrD
NIKON D7100 *** NIKON 17-55 mm AF-S DX f/2.8G G IF ED *** SIGMA 70-200 mm F2,8 APO DG OS EX HSM Nikon D *** SIGMA 120-400mm F4,5-5,6 DG APO OS HSM Nikon D *** SIGMA 105mm F2.8 EX DG MACRO OS HSM *** SIGMA 8-16 mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM *** Flash SB600
<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 21 Oct 2017, 00:10

Thanks for your response.
I have tried the flashmeter with the following:
1) Samsung Galaxy II phone (GTI9100) running Android 4.1.2
2) Asus Zen tablet (P027) running Android 7.0

I've tried switching "on" the flashmeter first then starting the app and also starting the app then switching "on" the flashmeter but in all cases the app simply shows "Search Flashmeter module" and periodically flashing some text in purple which I think says that the flashmeter is not found.

Merci pour votre réponse.
J'ai essayé le flashmètre avec ce qui suit:
1) Téléphone Samsung Galaxy II (GTI9100) fonctionnant sous Android 4.1.2
2) Tablette Asus Zen (P027) fonctionnant sous Android 7.0

J'ai essayé d'allumer le flashmètre en premier puis en démarrant l'application et en démarrant l'application puis en allumant le flashmètre mais dans tous les cas, l'application montre simplement "Recherche module Flashmeter" et clignote périodiquement du texte en violet que je pense dit que le flashmètre n'est pas trouvé.

Mike
<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 21 Oct 2017, 20:43

I have carried out a test using the Samsung phone and an app called Bluetooth Terminal. I was able to communicate with the flashmeter - I sent the command 1# and received the response VERSION¦FLASHMETER... etc. then received the BAT¦4.73# battery charge information every few seconds afterwards. So it looks like the problem is within the flashmeter app?

J'ai effectué un test en utilisant le téléphone Samsung et une application appelée Bluetooth Terminal. J'ai été capable de communiquer avec le flashmètre - j'ai envoyé la commande 1 # et a reçu la réponse VERSION|FLASHMETER ... etc alors reçu l'information de charge de batterie BAT 4.373 toutes les quelques secondes après. Donc, il semble que le problème se situe dans l'application flashmeter?

Mike
<<

ThierryD

Administrateur
Administrateur

Message 23 Oct 2017, 13:14

Hi,

I do not understand why.
The application works on a lot of smartphone without problem.
Sometimes you have to wait 30 seconds for the application to hang up the flash meter.
can you inject the program into the arduino again ?
maybe the problem comes from bluetooth module HC-06.
I am looking for, I am looking for
NIKON D7100 *** NIKON 17-55 mm AF-S DX f/2.8G G IF ED *** SIGMA 70-200 mm F2,8 APO DG OS EX HSM Nikon D *** SIGMA 120-400mm F4,5-5,6 DG APO OS HSM Nikon D *** SIGMA 105mm F2.8 EX DG MACRO OS HSM *** SIGMA 8-16 mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM *** Flash SB600
<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 26 Oct 2017, 17:23

I have reloaded the arduino program into the pro mini but it did not cure the problem. I have written a very simple Android app with MIT Apps Inventor 2 and loaded it onto my Samsung phone and it can connect with the lightmeter and read data from the lightmeter. I may try to make this app more sophisticated but it is hard work! I appreciate the effort you have made to produce the package.

J'ai rechargé le programme arduino dans le mini pro mais cela n'a pas résolu le problème. J'ai écrit une application Android très simple avec MIT Apps Inventor 2 et l'ai chargée sur mon téléphone Samsung et elle peut se connecter au photomètre et lire les données du photomètre. Je peux essayer de rendre cette application plus sophistiquée mais c'est un travail difficile! J'apprécie les efforts que vous avez déployés pour produire le paquet.

Mike
<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 28 Oct 2017, 17:09

Does the lightmeter Arduino code rename the bluetooth module when it starts up? My bluetooth module name remains HC-06 and I'm wondering whether it should have been changed by the lightmeter Arduino code.

Est-ce que le code Lightmeter Arduino renommer le module Bluetooth quand il démarre? Mon nom de module bluetooth reste HC-06 et je me demande s'il aurait dû être changé par le code Arduino du lightmeter.

Mike
<<

ThierryD

Administrateur
Administrateur

Message 31 Oct 2017, 16:55

Hello,
That's the problem.
the HC-06 is renamed in "LightMeter" (case sensitive).
it is neccessary for the android app.
change the name of the HC-06 or flash again the arduino.
ThierryD.
<<

MikNIk

Little user
Little user

Message 01 Nov 2017, 09:14

Re: Flashmeter/smartphone Android problem SOLVED

I now have the lightmeter working properly! The problem was the bluetooth module. The modules that I bought did not go into command mode when started up so the lightmeter arduino code could not change their name to LightMeter. I manually set the bluetooth name then reinserted the bluetooth module into the circuit (baud rate = 9600) and all worked fine. Thankyou Thierry for your help.

J'ai maintenant le lightmeter fonctionnant correctement! Le problème était le module Bluetooth. Les modules que j'ai achetés ne passaient pas en mode commande au démarrage, donc le code du lightmeter arduino ne pouvait pas changer leur nom en LightMeter. J'ai manuellement mis le nom bluetooth puis réinséré le module Bluetooth dans le circuit (vitesse de transmission = 9600) et tout a bien fonctionné. Merci Thierry pour votre aide.

Retour vers QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Questions et réponses)